Cambridge, UK / Remote
Are you interested in working on a wide range of projects that solve interesting real world problems?
At Azuki we build mobile and web applications for clients in many different sectors and industries. We believe in building long term partnerships with a focus on understanding their business needs and delivering the right solution. We're a very small team but we punch above our weight.
We're looking for a developer with experience in either Ruby on Rails or Laravel to join our Cambridge-based company. You should be a collaborative, positive person who is keen to learn and teach. Learning is at the heart of how we work.
Most of us are local to the Cambridge area and split our time between the office and remote working.
Full time preferred but do get in touch if interested and you need more flexibility.
Our company values are important to us. They are:
- integrity - truth, commitment, honesty, resilience
- people first - prioritising people over profit and projects
- quality - high level of quality in all areas
You'll be expected to communicate clearly, deliver results, work well in a team and independently, and be ready to ask for help when needed.
Delivering results is crucial to building a sustainable business, and for that reason you will be joining a hardworking team with high standards. Saying that, nothing is more important to us than people's wellbeing. Family and non-work time is a priority and we offer lots of flexibility.
Skills & Requirements
- Ruby on Rails or Laravel development experience — minimum 2 years commercial.
- Experience in building APIs.
- A strong grasp of object-orientated programming and design patterns that avoid redundancy, promote developer efficiency, testability and maintainability.
- A desire to collaborate and innovate with our clients and other members of the team.
- Comfortable working under pressure and to agreed deadlines.
- A 'get things done' attitude.
- And above all a willingness and capacity to learn fast.
- Mobile development - React Native
What We Offer
- Company pension
- Opportunity for flexible working
- A friendly and welcoming team culture
- Freedom(/expectation) to learn by trying new tech
- A broad range of real world projects and client types